How can I get in compliance?
The facility manager should contact the JCSA Grease Abatement Coordinator at 757-259-4138. If it is proven that installation of a grease trap/interceptor is required, the property owner will be required to file for a permit for device installation. This may be done through JCC Building Safety and Permits located in the James City County Government Center, 101 Mounts Bay Road, Building E. This ensures proper installation with an accredited plumbing contractor for a correctly sized grease collection device.

Show All Answers

1. What is a grease trap?
2. Can you recommend a maintenance schedule?
3. Do I need a grease trap?
4. What if I don’t install a grease trap?
5. Who determines if I need a grease trap or interceptor?
6. How can I get in compliance?
7. How does the JCSA ensure compliance?
8. What is a grease interceptor and how does it work?
9. What are the criteria for inspecting grease traps?
10. What is FOG?
11. What are the negative impacts of FOG?
12. What about using my garbage disposal or use detergent to wash it down the drain?
13. What is the JCSA doing about educating the public?