- Walking Trails
About the Skate Park
Located next to the James City County Recreation Center, this bowl-style skate park offers 10,000 square feet of concrete jumps and ramps. Additionally, there is a paved half-mile multi-use trail that encircles the skate park and the Recreation Center.
- 2 movable ramps
- Hand rail
- Multiple grinding edges
The Skate Park is used by experienced and inexperienced skateboarders, bikers and inline skaters. Serious injury could result from colliding with other users, falling on the concrete surface and flying objects. James City County does not assume responsibility for injuries. Use of the facility is at your own risk.
- Children age 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- James City County is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Only skateboards, bikes and inline skates are permitted.
- Other rules and ordinances may apply, see Public Facilities Rules and Regulations sheet.
Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) approved helmets and protective gear (wrist guards, elbow and knee pads) are strongly recommended for your protection.
Items Note Permitted in the Skate Park
- Food is not permitted inside the fenced areas of the Skate Park.
- No alcohol or controlled substances are allowed on James City County property.
- No soliciting or unauthorized sales are allowed on James City County property.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the fenced areas of the Skate Park.
- Spectators are not permitted inside the fenced area.
The Skate Park operation hours vary, depending on the season. Please check the hours sign which is located by the front gate of the Skate Park. Attempted use of the park after operation hours will result in a trespassing citation and suspension from James City County facilities.