James City County - Now Hiring Police Officers
You are receiving this email as a subscriber to James City County's "Notify Me" feature for Police Department Employment. We are happy to announce that we are now accepting applications for Police Officer I and II. Please see the below information and visit our website for detailed information about the position, employment with JCC and benefits. Visit JCC Career Center to apply.
Application Deadline: Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 21-years-old (by completion of field training)
- Must meet all qualifications listed in Code of Virginia 15.2-1705,
- Must have a high school education or GED (some college preferred)
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria
- Must not have been convicted of or plead guilty or no contest to:
- any felony
- any offense involving moral turpitude
- any misdemeanor sex offense
- domestic assault
- Must not have any automatic disqualifiers
- Must not have produced a positive result on a pre-employment drug screening.
- If conditionally accepted for a position, undergo:
- a thorough background investigation including fingerprint-based criminal history records inquiries to both the CCRE and FBI
- a polygraph examination, psychological screening, and fitness assessment
- a physical examination and drug test.
Starting Salaries (non-negotiable):
*BLE - Basic Law Enforcement Applicants, please take note:
- $41,018 - Police Officer I (recruit, not certified)
- $43,069 - Police Officer I (Virginia BLE* certified <2 yrs. w/ certain qualifications)
- $45,222 - Police Officer II (Virginia BLE* certified >2 yrs. w/ certain qualifications)
- Applying is a two-step process (1. complete your profile, and 2. find the listing for the Police Officer job listing, follow the prompts, answer the standard & special questions, and apply for the position)
- Be thorough and detailed on the application
- Complete all tabs in the Employment History section
- Include any attachments that would complement your application package (for example, educational certificate(s) or diploma(s), DD Form 214, relevant training documents, etc.)
- Cover letters and resumes may also be attached, but a fully-completed application is required.
All complete applications will be reviewed, to include driving record and criminal history checks related to the Code of Virginia and JCCPD’s automatic disqualifiers. Selected applicants will continue to a telephone interview. Selected applicants will then continue to an in-person panel interview. A thorough background investigation will be completed, to include: fingerprint-based criminal history check through CCRE and FBI, sex offender registry check, polygraph (lie detector), character and employment reference checks, credit history, psychological and fitness assessment, and medical exam with hearing and drug tests.
Click here to read more information, to include steps in the recruiting / hiring process and the list of automatic disqualifiers. Click here to view the full job description.
Questions about the Department and the recruitment process may be directed to Stephanie Williams by email or by calling 757-259-5173. Questions about filling out an application may be directed to HR by email or by calling 757-253-6680.
TO APPLY: Click on the following link to go to the JCC Career Center.
Accepting applications until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 18, 2019
James City County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
James City County is a military-friendly employer.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.