Interested in Becoming a Police Officer
Join us on Saturday, August 20 from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. for the James City County Police Department Recruiting Fair. Meet and talk with our officers and staff about a career in law enforcement. Learn about our various units and teams - SWAT, Underwater Search & Recovery, Community Services, Marine Patrol, Honor Guard, Investigations, School Resource, Bike Patrol, Tactical Field Force, and Crisis Negotiations.
- Light breakfast / refreshments provided
- Guided bus tour of James City County
- Guided tour of the Law Enforcement Center (headquarters)
- Presentation of specialty units like SWAT and Marine Patrol
- Lunch provided
Please contact Master Officer Andre' McLaughlin by email
or call (757) 253-1800 by August 15 to secure your spot.Location:
4600 Opportunity Way, Williamsburg, VA 23188
Attendance at the Recruiting Fair is not required.Click here
to read more information about the position, department, and county.
Questions about the Department and the recruitment process may be directed to Lt. Jeff Hicklin by email
or by calling (757) 259-5169. Questions about filling out an application may be directed to HR by email
or by calling (757) 253-6680 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (assistance is not available nights, weekends, and holidays)
Click on the following link to go to the JCC Career Center
to complete your application (profile) and apply for the position. IMPORTANT / PLEASE NOTE:
- If you have previously applied for a County position, be sure to review and update your profile (application) to ensure that all newly required information is included and is up-to-date.
- Applying is a two-step process. (If you create a profile/application, but do not submit it for the position, your application will not be received or processed.)
- Create your profile (application) being sure to complete all tabs and/or fields within each section, then
- Find and click on the "Police Officer" listing in the "Jobs" section of the Career Center, follow the prompts, answer the standard & special questions, and apply for the position.
- CLICK HERE for a step-by-step tutorial for creating your application (profile) and submitting your application for the position. Job is listed as "Police Officer".
- Be thorough and detailed on the application
- Include any attachments that would complement your application package (for example, educational certificate(s) and/or diploma(s), Military DD-214, relevant training documents, etc.)
- Cover letters and resumes may also be attached, but a fully-completed application is required.
Accepting applications until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 28, 2022
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
State Accredited Agency