The James City County Historical Commission is seeking nominations for the 2016 Historic Preservation Awards. Historic Preservation Awards are presented by the Historical Commission to individuals, groups or organizations that meet the following criteria:
- The act or project must have made an important contribution to the preservation of the County's history or its historic resources and may be the result of a single activity, project or a body of work.
- The historic contribution must have occurred within James City County or be directly related to James City County.
- The award may be presented to an individual, group or organization acting in a volunteer capacity or as part of their professional work.
- If the project is the result of professional work, the project's success must have been of far greater impact and value than normally would be associated with the execution of those professional duties. The project must draw national or international attention to James City County's rich history.
- The award may be given posthumously.
The awards will be presented during a James City County Board of Supervisors meeting.
More information, including nomination forms and return instructions, is available online or by calling 757-253-6685. Completed nomination forms are due Friday, Sept. 9, 2016.
For more information, please contact Ellen Cook in the Planning Division at 757-253-6685 or firstname.lastname@example.org.