Our next 4 p.m. update will be released on Monday, April 26. We will continue to send urgent information as needed.
Vaccine Appointments Available for Friday, April 30!
The Greater Williamsburg Clinic, operating out of the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center, has available appointment slots on Friday, April 30 for ANYONE who is 18 or older.
Need help scheduling your appointment? Call 877-724-1954.
BY THE NUMBERS as of 10 a.m., April 22
Current 7-Day Positivity Rate PCR Only
Peninsula Health District: 7.2%
James City County: 3.7%
Statewide Cases, Hospitalizations and Deaths
Cases: 650,981 (increase of 3,870 since Monday, April 19)
Hospitalizations: 27,917 (increase of 239 since Monday, April 19)
Deaths: 10,653 (increase of 58 since Monday, April 19)
James City County Cases, Hospitalizations and Deaths
Cases: 4,488 (increase of 22 since Monday, April 19)
Hospitalizations: 144 (increase of 1 since Monday, April 19)
Deaths: 70 (no change)
Vaccine doses administered: 5,558,769 (increase of 213,455 since Monday, April 19)
People fully vaccinated: 2,248,339 (increase of 110,516 since Monday, April 19)
James City County
Vaccine doses administered: 65,223 (increase of 1,414 since Monday, April 19)
People fully vaccinated: 26,777 (increase of 838 since Monday, April 19)
LATEST NEWS ON COVID-19
Updated Executive Order 72: https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/executive-actions/EO-72-FIFTH-AMENDED-and-Order-of-Public-Health-Emergency-Nine-Easing-of-Commonsense-Surge-Restrictions-Due-to-Novel-Coronavirus-(COVID-19).pdf
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION
Updated - What You Should Know About the Possibility of COVID-19 Illness After Vaccination: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html
Updated - Frequently Asked Questions about v-safe: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/faq.html
Updated – Safer Travel Ideas: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-risk.html
Updated - COVID-19 and People Who Use Drugs or Have Substance Use Disorder: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/other-at-risk-populations/people-who-use-drugs/QA.html
Updated - Personal and Social Activities: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/personal-social-activities.html
Updated - People at Increased Risk: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/index.html
PREVIOUSLY RELEASED INFORMATION
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information Line for Vaccine Distribution in the Greater Williamsburg area: 877-724-1954
- Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.williamsburgva.gov/791/COVID-19-Vaccine-FAQs
COUNTY NEWS ON COVID-19
- Health Districts, Localities and Health Systems Join Forces Under Operation Vaccinate the Peninsula: https://jamescitycountyva.gov/civicalerts.aspx?AID=4625
- COVID-19 Eviction Prevention Program
---- Do you live in James City County, the City of Williamsburg or York County?
---- Have you been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic?
---- Are you behind in your rental payments?
You may be eligible for rental assistance. Call 757-259-5340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you are a JCC resident and have questions about the CARES Act for your water or sewer bill contact James City Service Authority at 757-259-5416 or email at email@example.com and put CARES Act in the subject heading. For those that have applied please monitor your account.
JCC ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) Update: The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has released official information about the RRF. Visit the website for more information: https://www.yesjamescitycountyva.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=4723
Virginia 30 Day Fund Update: We have funded more than 125 businesses. We encourage businesses to review the Greater Williamsburg Small Business Relief Fund to assist with obstacles they have faced due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.Funding is still available.See if you qualify: https://va30dayfund.com.
FROM THE GOVERNOR’S OFFICE
- April 19 Update: https://youtu.be/0RqyarK4GYk
- Governor Announces Virginia to Expand Vaccine Eligibility to All Adults by April 18: https://jamescitycountyva.gov/civicalerts.aspx?AID=4678
- FEMA to Help Pay Funeral Costs for COVID-19-Related Deaths in Virginia: https://jamescitycountyva.gov/civicalerts.aspx?AID=4699
VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
- Statement from State Vaccination Coordinator on Death Connected to Johnson & Johnson Investigation: https://jamescitycountyva.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=4715
- Statement from Virginia Vaccination Coordinator on Pause of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Administration: https://jamescitycountyva.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=4712
- Hampton and Peninsula Health Districts Move to COVID-19 Vaccination Phase 2: https://jamescitycountyva.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=4711
- Variants of the Virus that Causes COVID-19: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/variants/#know
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION
- New - COVID-19 Breakthrough Case Investigations and Reporting: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html
- Updated - What You Should Know About the Possibility of COVID-19 Illness After Vaccination: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html
- Updated - COVID-19 Vaccines for People at Increased Risk for Severe Illness from COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/specific-groups/high-risk.html
- Updated - What Older Adults Need to Know about COVID-19 Vaccines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/older-adults.html
- Updated - How COVID-19 Vaccines Get to You: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/distributing.html
- Updated - Types of Masks: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html
- Updated - COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Specific Groups: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/specific-groups.html
- Updated - Personal and Social Activities: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/personal-social-activities.html
- Due to the large amount of speculation regarding COVID-19 vaccines, remember to rely on OFFICIAL sources to get information. Help control the spread of rumors by sharing this page: https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/rumor-control fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/rumor-control
- FBI and Virginia Department of Health Partner to Warn of Fraud Schemes Related to COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution: https://jamescitycountyva.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=4639
- People are reporting getting emails and texts asking them to complete a limited-time COVID vaccine survey. In exchange, people are offered a free reward, but asked to play shipping fees. This is a scam. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2021/03/ignore-bogus-covid-vaccine-survey
- Who should get tested for COVID-19? https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-testing/
ADD YOUR PHONE TO THE COVID FIGHT
- COVIDWISE is Virginia’s official exposure notifications app that lets you know if you’ve likely been exposed to another COVIDWISE user with a positive COVID-19 test result. COVIDWISE is free to download on your smartphone and designed to completely protect your privacy. The more Virginians that use COVIDWISE, the better you can be informed of potential exposure, which helps reduce your risk while protecting your family, friends and community. COVIDWISE is now connected to the National Key Server, which lets COVIDWISE anonymously share data with exposure notifications apps from other states. Visit https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covidwise/ for more information.
NEED HELP OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES?
- If you, or someone you care about, are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others:
---- Call 911
---- Visit the Disaster Distress Helpline, call 1-800-985-5990, or text TalkWithUs to 66746
---- Visit the National Domestic Violence Hotline or call 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Call the Virginia C.O.P.E.S. warm line if you are feeling stressed by COVID-19 and need support. Virginia C.O.P.E.S., which stands for compassionate, optimistic, person-centered, empowering support, is a “warm” line set up to help people who are having trouble dealing with the changes in our lives due to COVID-19. Callers can receive emotional support and referrals for mental and behavioral health and other services. Unlike 911, which is used only for emergencies, a warm line offers support and gives people the chance to talk about their struggles and mental health. The COVID Warm Line number is (877) 349-6428 Toll Free. 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday, 5 -9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday Spanish speaking counselors are available.
- Virginia Department of Health (VDH): www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus, Phone: 1-877-ASK-VDH3
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
Renee Dallman, Public Information Officer