To keep pace with the popularity of James City County parks, Phase I improvements are underway at the James City County Marina.
Starting Nov. 25, the main entrance to the Marina will close for the duration of the improvement project. Billsburg Brewery and the Marina remain open; however, visitors will enter the park via a temporary access road across from the Jamestown Settlement parking lot.
Billsburg Brewery will remain fully operational during construction. At the Marina, the refueling station, boat ramp and paddle craft floating launch will close for construction. Patrons who need marine fuel during construction may refuel at Surry Seafood Company Marina in Surry, VA. For more information about refueling, call 757-294-3700. Visitors wishing to rent and launch paddlecraft can do so at Chickahominy Riverfront Park and Little Creek Reservoir Park. Paddlecraft can be launched at Jamestown Beach Event Park and the Powhatan Creek and Blueway. Boaters may use the boat ramp at Chickahominy Riverfront Park, click here for fee information.
Phase I Marina improvement projects include:
· Dredging of the basin
· Demolition and replacement of an existing fixed dock and uncovered slips with a new floating ADA accessible dock system equipped with power and water hookups
· Demolition of the fixed docks in the waterman’s cove area (excluding the boat lift) and installation of a new dedicated canoe/kayak launch area
· Installation of a living shoreline
· Relocation of an existing fueling tank and controls with new dispenser and distribution line
· Electrical and lighting improvements (expect some service disruption), and
· Pedestrian improvements and asphalt repairs
Improvements are scheduled for completion by mid-summer 2021. For more information, call the James City County Marina at 757-565-3699.
Chickahominy Riverfront Park, 1350 John Tyler Highway
James City County Marina, 2054 Jamestown Road
Jamestown Beach Event Park, 2205 Jamestown Road
Little Creek Reservoir Park, 180 Leisure Road in Toano
Powhatan Creek and Blueway, 1831 Jamestown Road
Veda McMullen, Senior Communications Coordinator