The James City County online permitting system is getting an upgrade!
To better serve our citizens, the new upgrade of JCC PermitLink will include several new features including:
- An updated home page with links to commonly used actions;
- A new Applicant Assistant feature to help users more quickly identify the needed application type for their projects;
- Users will also find a new summary tab on their plans and permits with updates on recent actions taken on the case. This will provide increased visibility into the application status; and
- New quick links to request inspections and pay invoices.
In order for staff to complete the upgrade, JCC PermitLink services will be unavailable on Tuesday, May 19.
The Building Safety and Permits Division recommends requesting inspections for Wednesday, May 20, in advance on Monday, May 18. Users who need to schedule or cancel an inspection on Tuesday while the site is down can contact the Building Safety and Permits Division at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-253-6626, Option No. 1 for assistance.
New and improved user guides for the upgraded JCC PermitLink system will also be available on the James City County website at jamescitycountyva.gov/permitlink or in JCC PermitLink under "Supplemental Documents".
Citizens can contact any of the following County divisions with questions regarding this upgrade:
- Building Safety and Permits: 757-253-6626
- Stormwater and Resource Protection: 757-253-6670
- Planning/Zoning: 757-253-6685
Paul Holt, Director of Community Development