James City County Personal Property and Real Estate tax bills have been mailed and are due Friday, June 5. If you do not receive your tax bill by May 15, please call the Treasurer’s Office at 757-253-6705. Taxes are still due even if you did not receive the bill.
The Board of Supervisors voted on May 5 to not charge a late payment penalty for personal property tax payments made between June 6, 2020 and midnight, Aug. 5, 2020. Interest will be charged at a rate of rate of ten percent (10%) per annum (about .83% monthly) for all payments made after June 5, 2020.
How to pay your bill:
- Online at jamescitycountyva.gov/epay
- Drop it off in a drop box at:
- Treasurer’s Office, 101-B Mounts Bay Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Satellite Services Office, 3127 Forge Road, Toano, VA 23168
- By mail through the County bank’s lockbox service:
- James City County, PO Box 844637, Boston, MA 02284-4637
Convenience fees for debit and credit card payments will continue to be waived through midnight, Aug. 5, 2020 as a result of the Board of Supervisors approving an extension at their May 5 meeting. Payments made online for personal property taxes, real estate taxes, recycling invoices, landfill coupon books and bulk pickup will NOT be charged a convenience fee.
Jenni Tomes, Treasurer