Curbside recycling service remained on schedule today, Feb. 21, since the snowy weather did not affect the roads. We understand that this may have created confusion for some residents. Unfortunately, the trucks will not be coming back through today’s route until the next scheduled pickup in two weeks. In the meantime, here are some suggestions for handling a full recycle bin:
- Break down and flatten boxes
- Ask your neighbor if they have space in their recycling cart
- Use a large box to place smaller items inside and place on top of the cart
- Take your recycling to your closest recycling Convenience Center.
Have you signed up for calendar reminders and service alerts? It’s quick and easy!
1. Go to the website.
2. Click on ‘my schedule’ and enter their address
3. Click the box that says “Get a reminder!”
4. Select how you want to get your reminders.
For more information call the Recycling Hotline at 757-253-6700.
Grace Boone, General Services Director