The County has closed the Emergency Operations Center. Officials will continue to monitor storm conditions through high tide.
The Tropical Storm Warning and Storm Surge Warning remain in effect.
The Williamsburg/James City County Courthouse closed Friday, Sept. 6 at noon.
There are 30 Dominion Energy customers in James City County without power. To report power outages or downed lines, call 866-366-4357.
All roads are open with no hazards reported. To report a road hazard, call 757-566-0112.
Parks and Recreation
The fishing pier at Chickahominy Riverfront Park will remain closed through Saturday, Sept. 7 due to high tides, and will re-open Sunday morning.
The electricity at the Marina will be restored by Monday, Sept. 9.
Previously Released Information
WJCC Schools and Offices closed Friday, Sept. 6, for Hurricane Dorian. All after-school & weekend activities are cancelled Thursday-Sunday.
Roads and Transportation
For information on the status of the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry, call 1-800-VA-Ferry (1-800-823-3779)
Due to the Hurricane Dorian, TFC Recycling did not collect curbside recycling on Friday, Sept. 6. Due to the Labor Day holiday, recycling collections were already delayed by one day this week. The revised schedule for the next week is the following:
- If your original collection day was Thursday 9/5, your recycling will be collected on Saturday 9/7
- If your original collection day is Friday 9/6, your recycling will be collected on Monday 9/9
- If your original collection day is Monday 9/9, it will be collected on Tuesday 9/10
- If your original collection day is Tuesday 9/10, it will be collected on Wednesday 9/11
- If your original collection day is Wednesday 9/11, it will be collected on Thursday 9/12
- If your original collection day is Thursday 9/12, it will be collected on Friday 9/13
- If your original collection day is Friday 9/13, it will be collected on Saturday 9/14
All routes will be back on their original schedules as of Monday 9/16.
Renee Dallman, Public Information Officer