- Curbside recycling bills from the James City County (JCC) Treasurer’s Office will be mailed over the next week. If you have already notified us that you will be opting out but you still receive a bill, please disregard the bill.
- If you choose to opt out of curbside recycling, please complete the opt out form on the website. You can also send an email to email@example.com or call 757-253-6700.
- There are still some carts in the community waiting to be collected from residents who have opted out. JCC, Virginia Peninsulas Public Service Authority (VPPSA) and the new contractor Tidewater Fibre Corporation (TFC) are working hard to get these collected. We apologize that the transition was not as timely or as smooth as was expected.
- If you still have a cart and have already opted out you have options: While you are waiting for your cart to be collected you can leave it at the curb or put it somewhere away from the curb, as long as it is visible from the street. Many homeowners associations and residential management companies are aware of the delay and have agreed to allow carts to remain at the curb and/or visible from the street as long as they do not create safety concerns.
- If you want to get rid of the cart immediately, you can take the cart to any of our three Convenience Centers during regular business hours (1204 Jolly Pond Rd., 117 Tewning Rd, 185 Industrial Blvd.)
- Remember, you can still opt out but continue to use the cart free of charge until the end of September and it will be collected after that date.
We have improved our website to provide more of the information that you are looking for.
- Not sure if something is recyclable? Enter the name of the item in our new Recyclopedia tool and find out for sure.
- Even though the recycling schedule didn’t change, you may be new to the program or unsure of your day. Now you can check out My Schedule to confirm your pickup date and arrange for reminders to be sent to your phone or email.
- The web page also includes a new list of frequently asked questions, a short fun and informative video about what happens to your recycling when it leaves the curb, a podcast and more.
Thank you for your patience as we work together as a community to complete this transition from one contractor to another and to a fee for service-based program.
Grace Boone, General Services Director