James City County joins the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) in celebrating July as Park and Recreation Month! Help us recognize and commemorate the month by participating in Parks & Recreation’s photo contest! We invite both residents and non-residents of the County, age 18 and older, to enter up to three photographs depicting a James City County Parks & Recreation park or facility. The Parks & Recreation Department will choose 12 finalists; first, second and third-place winners will be selected by the public by voting on Parks & Recreation’s Facebook page.
To enter the contest, upload your photo(s) by midnight on Aug. 5, 2019 using this link.
Guidelines for photo contest entries follow:
- Photographs must depict a James City County Parks & Recreation park or facility (Abram Frink Jr. Community Center and Park, Brickyard Landing, Chickahominy Riverfront Park, Diascund Reservoir Park, Forest Glen Playground, Freedom Park, Greensprings Interpretive Trail, Ironbound Park, James City County Marina, James City County Recreation Center and Park, Jamestown Beach Event Park, Legacy Hall, Little Creek Reservoir Park, Powhatan Creek Park and Blueway, Powhatan Creek Trail, Upper County Park, Veterans Park, Virginia Capital Trail, Warhill Sports Complex).
- Photographs should not include people. Photographs may include playgrounds, pools, marinas, parks, trails, waterways, wildlife and nature scenes.
- Photographs must be taken between July 1 and July 31, 2019.
- Entrants may submit up to 3 photographs.
- Photographs will be disqualified if they appear to depict inappropriate or illegal behavior, or if they reference any particular political or religious beliefs.
- All submitted photographs immediately become the property of James City County and may be used as a part of exhibits, publications, or marketing materials without recompense to the entrant.
- Employees of James City County Parks & Recreation are not eligible to participate in the photo contest.
The 12 finalist photos will be displayed on Parks & Recreation’s Facebook page beginning on Aug. 15. Voting for the photo contest winners will take place from Aug. 15-25. Winners will be announced on Parks & Recreation’s Facebook page on Aug. 28. Winners will receive vouchers to spend on Parks & Recreation products and services: first place $75, second place $50 and third place $25.
For more information, visit the links posted above or call 757-259-5412.
Veda McMullen, Senior Communications Specialist