Want a great job this summer? Are you 16 or older and care about providing superior customer service while maintaining the high quality of parks and recreation in James City County? We want to meet you! Come out to the Parks & Recreation Summer Job Fair on Saturday, March 9, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the James City County Government Center, 101 Mounts Bay Road, in Building F, Human Resources. The department offers competitive salaries and flexible work schedules. Onsite, same day interviews available! Save time by applying online before the Job Fair.
Positions available include:
• Park Attendants
• Instructors (sports, outdoors and special interest) (all levels)
• Lifeguards (all levels)
• Recreation Leaders
• Assistant Recreation Site Supervisors
• Therapeutic Recreation Leaders (special needs populations)
• Seasonal (up to 40 hours/week for the summer only)
• Year-round (up to 28 hours/week year round)
All Applicants Must:
• Bring a government-issued photo ID and one document that establishes employment authorization in the United States.
• Be at least 16 years old at the time of hire. Applicants under the age of 18 will need a parent or legal guardian present in order to complete the pre-employment paperwork and post-offer checks, if selected for a position.
• Successfully complete a drug test and criminal history/sex offender check (other post offer checks may be required depending on position offered).
• Bring copies of any applicable certifications.
To learn more about these positions, visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov. For more information, call Human Resources at 757-253-6680.
Veda McMullen, Senior Communications Specialist