With each new year, there are new things to look forward to and the things happening in James City County in 2019 are no exception.
Here are 19 things to explore in 2019:
- 2019 is the 400th anniversary of democracy, diversity and opportunity in Virginia. AMERICAN EVOLUTION™ will celebrate this anniversary with a series of programming and events in the Greater Williamsburg region and beyond.
- “TENACITY: Women in Jamestown and Early Virginia,” a special yearlong exhibition at Jamestown Settlement, is on display now through Jan. 5, 2020 and explores little-known, captivating personal stories of real women in Jamestown and the early Virginia colony and their tenacious spirit and impact on a fledgling society.
- Fee Free Days at Historic Jamestowne including Jan. 21, 2019.
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg will be debuting a new extreme swing ride, Finnegan’s Flyer™.
- The Brass Tap will be opening in New Town Williamsburg. The Brass Tap is a craft beer bar and they will have more than 50 beers on tap.
- Chiangmai Thai Bistro will be opening in New Town Williamsburg with Bangkok-inspired cuisine.
- New wines from the Williamsburg Winery including reserve and vintage releases! We also can’t wait to enjoy a glass of wine on their new veranda during the summer.
- Sweethaven Lavender of Williamsburg will be opening their doors and their fields…
- …and they will host their inaugural Sweethaven Lavender Festival on June 29, 2019.
- July 30, 2019 is the 400th Anniversary of the first representative legislative assembly in North America. A 400th Anniversary Commemorative Ceremony will take place at Historic Jamestowne and Jamestown Settlement and the eyes of the nation will turn to Virginia as the home of American Democracy.
- The LPGA returns to James City County on May 20-26, 2019 with the Pure Silk Championship.
- James City County will host its first IRONMAN® 70.3® Virginia on May 5, 2019.
- We have it on good authority that there will be two great new events at Billsburg Brewery. In the spring, they will host PLZEN FEST – a Pilsner Beer Festival with multiple breweries from across the state participating and they will also host the first Williamsburg Taco Festival. Look for more details in the coming months on the Billsburg website.
- Hikes and adventures at York River State Park. Whether you are exploring with friends or participating in a guided activity, we love this state park!
- Many fun events at Busch Gardens Williamsburg will return in 2019 including Food & Wine Festival, Summer Nights, Bier Fest and Howl-O-Scream.
- Trying new experiences! Whether it is zipling at Go Ape or racing in a go-kart at Go-Karts Plus, explore new things in 2019.
- More delicious food at James City County restaurants! We love our local restaurants and challenge you to explore one new restaurant a month in 2019.
- More outdoor adventure. Make it your goal this year to explore the outdoors. Whether your preference is to be on the water or the woods, there are plenty of options for more outdoor adventure in 2019!
- More unexpected fun in 2019! Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
What are you going to explore in 2019?