There are multiple dining options on Thanksgiving Day in James City County.
Bountiful Thanksgiving Buffet at Opus 9 Steakhouse
Enjoy the Bountiful Thanksgiving Buffet at Opus 9 Steakhouse on Thursday, Nov. 22 from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. Cost for adults is $38.95 per person and children (6-12) are $15.95. Children 5 and under are free. Please call 757-645-4779 for reservations. The complete menu can be viewed online.
- Cold Delights: Cranberry sauce, fresh fruit, assorted cheeses, green Godess potato salad, smoked anchovy Caesar salad, mixed green salad with cranberry vinaigrette
- Savory Sides: mashed Yukon Gold potatoes with roasted garlic and chives, whipped sweet potatoes with caramelized marshmallows, traditional stuffing with sage and apples, oyster stuffing, Manchego macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole with mushrooms and crispy shallots, charred Brussel sprouts with bacon, lardons and caramelized onions, saizon spice mahi fish with crab soubise and wilted arugula, buttermilk fried chicken with cheddar grits and scallions, braised beef short ribs with demi-glace and pickled red onion
- Carving board: Roasted turkey with giblet gravy, smoked Surry Virginia ham, slow roasted prime rib with au jus
- Desserts: Chocolate fountain, pecan pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, cherry bread pudding and much more
Thanksgiving at Craft 31
Craft 31 will be open on Thanksgiving from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. and will offer their regular menu and four three course meals.
- First course (choose one): house salad, Caesar salad or butternut squash soup
- Main course (choose one): Savory roast turkey (choose white, dark or combination), prime rib au jus, smoked Surry honey ham or broiled flounder with crab and caper meuniere
- Accompaniments (choose three): whipped sweet potatoes, creamed corn, buttermilk mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, roasted brussel sprouts with bacon, traditional herb stuffing, oyster stuffing or green bean casserole
- Dessert (choose one): Pumpkin cheesecake, apple cobbler or pecan pie
Thanksgiving at the Williamsburg Winery
The Williamsburg Winery will offer two options on Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving at Gabriel Archer Tavern
Join The Gabriel Archer Tavern on Thursday, Nov. 22 for Thanksgiving Day at the Williamsburg Winery. For reservations, please call 757-564-8869.
- First Course: Butternut Squash Bisque or Roasted Beet Salad or Local Crispy Oyster Salad
- Main Course: Roasted Herb Heritage Turkey or Seared Local Rockfish or Flank Steak
- Desserts: Autumn Fruit Tartlet or Pumpkin Pie
Full menu details are available online. Price of menu $55 per person exclusive of taxes and gratuity. Sommeliers' wine pairing is an additional $18 per person.
Thanksgiving Family Feast at the Williamsburg Winery
Join the Williamsburg Winery on Thursday, November 22 for Thanksgiving Day at the Williamsburg Winery for a sit-down family style dinner. For reservations, please call Kelly Kincaid at 757-258-0899, extension 192 or visit their website.
- Organic free range smoked turkey with craisin and fig chutney with giblet gravy
- Honey bourbon short ribs with roasted tomatoes, garden peppers and a local cheese mornay sauce
- York River oyster stuffing with bacon and Dickey Brothers Orchard apples
- Wessex Hundred salad with confit pears, candied walnuts, local goat cheese and blackberry honey mustard
- Roasted baby carrots and green beans with maple glaze and almond granola
- Baked sweet potatoes with toasted marshmallow
- Farrow risotto with garden peas, Urban choice mushrooms and mountaineer cheese macaroni
- Chocolate pecan pie with toasted cardamom ice cream
- Pumpkin cannoli with spiced caramel
Tickets are very limited and therefore will not be available at the door. Please purchase your tickets in advance. Cancellations must be made by phone at 757-258-0899 extension 192 at least 72 hours in advance to receive a full refund. No tickets will be mailed in advance. Please bring a copy of your order confirmation as your ticket for admission.
Thanksgiving at The Whaling Company
Enjoy Thanksgiving at The Whaling Company. A turkey dinner with all the trimmings is just $21 for adults or $11for children. (If you would like all white or dark meat, there will be an additional charge of $5.) If you don’t like turkey, their full menu will be served all day. Reservations are recommended by calling 757-229-0275.
Other James City County restaurants that will be open include:
Want to have someone else do the cooking but want to eat at home? Thanksgiving can be ordered from Two Drummers Smokehouse. Their smoked turkey is amazing!
Lastly, many local grocery stores offer prepared Thanksgiving feasts including Publix, Fresh Market and Harris Teeter at Lightfoot Marketplace.
Note: Other restaurants may be open, but at the time this post was published, this was a comprehensive list. You may call restaurants directly to see if they will be open on Thanksgiving.