Crews are scheduled to begin nightly milling and paving operations on Route 31 (Jamestown Road) between the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry dock and Route 199 (Humelsine Parkway) on March 12.
To minimize traffic impacts, the work will be performed between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday to Thursday evening with the exception of signal work at Sandy Bay Road and Route 31, which will be performed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Police will be onsite to direct traffic as needed. The project is expected to take approximately two to three weeks to complete, weather permitting.
Contract workers will start at the Jamestown dock and progress toward Route 199. Motorists should expect delays on Route 31 while the work is underway, as flaggers will be reducing travel to one lane with alternating traffic.
Use VDOT’s free traffic tools:
- Download the 511 smartphone app
- Visit the 511Virginia website or dial 511 for traffic information on your phone
- Follow VDOT Hampton Roads on Twitter at @VaDOTHR
- Listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM
- Call the Traffic Line at 757-361-3016
Media Contact: Dave Forster