Benefit Questions

How to apply for Benefits?

You can apply for any Benefit Programs online using or over the telephone at 1-855-635-4370.

How do I send in the verification needed?

There are multiple ways to turn in information. We have a drop box in the parking lot or on the sidewalk, you can use our email, fax (757)259-3188, or mail 5249 Olde Towne Road, Williamsburg VA 23188. You can also upload the documents with your application on CommonHelp website.

What should I do if I lost my EBT card?

A new card can be mailed to you in 7-10 business days by calling 1-866-281-2448. If you need your card sooner and have benefits available, one can be issued at the agency by appointment only.

What if I want to know why my benefits changed?

There can be many reasons why benefits could change, such as recently reported a change, paperwork received, system checks, or an agency or State review of your case. With all changes you will be given written notice and the explanation will be on that notice.

What is P-EBT?

A program thru USDA is a temporary food benefit available in Virginia to families with children who would have received free or reduced price meals if schools were open. The P-EBT benefit is to supplement existing nutrition programs for families during the pandemic.