Sports & Athletics
James City County offers year round sports classes, clinics, leagues and events for youth and adults. Sport classes and clinics cater to development and foundational skills and tournaments and leagues allow for competition and friendly play. Check out the complete list of year-round programs! Please contact us if you have questions or are interested in partnering to offer a camp, class or clinic. Registration closes 1 week before program start date.
Spring Sport Classes
Registration for the following classes closes one week in advance of class start. The following winter classes will be held at the James City County Recreation Center.
Mondays, April 8-May 29
- Tot Shots Basketball (ages 3-5)
- Quart'r Pint Soccer (ages 2-3 with parent)
Saturdays, April 27-May 18
- Tot Shots Basketball (ages 3-5)
- Jump Shots Basketball (ages 6-8)
- Multi Sport Majors (ages 6-9)
Saturdays, April 27-June 8
- Quart’r Pint Soccer (ages 2-3 with parent)
- Half Pint Soccer (ages 4-5)
- Full Pint Soccer (ages 6-8)
- Multi Sport Minis (ages 3-5
3v3 World Cup Soccer Tournament - June 28
Join Parks & Recreation,Virginia Legacy Soccer Club, Tidewater Sharks, and the American Outlaws Williamsburg chapter to help celebrate and commemorate the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup! Grab some teammates and join us at Wanner Stadium from 6 p.m.-midnight! There will be music, food, and tons of soccer!
- Players should preregister individually and include their teammates' names when prompted
- Age groups include the following: U8, U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18 for both boys' and girls' divisions
- Team names are assigned on a first come, first serve basis
- 16-team cap for each division
- Younger groups play earlier and older groups play later in the evening; the schedule will be available after registration closes
Park to Park Bicycle Tour - July 13
Register for this annual self-guided bicycle tour! Choose from three ride options - 15 miles, 30 miles or the Half Century Ride (50 miles)! All routes include visits to County parks where rest stops will allow you to cool down and power up. Fee includes refreshments, pool admittance to Chickahominy Riverfront Park Pool, maps, support vehicles to help out tired riders and, most importantly, lunch! All routes begin at the Virginia Capital Trail trailhead located near Jamestown Settlement. Then join us down at the James City County Marina near Billsburg Brewery for lunch, music and a game of cornhole after the ride! Preregistration forms available beginning June 1 at local bike shops, the Recreation Centers, Freedom Park Interpretive Center, Satellite Services in Toano and online.
2019 Summer Camps
To register for any Parks and Recreation programs, click here.
Parks and Recreation is offering a variety of sport-related summer camps for 2019. With six new camps and two new vendors, your child should be able to keep busy! Don't forget to check out other outdoor, art, stem and history camps!
- Lacrosse Camp
- Joe Henzel Baseball Camp
- Virginia Legacy Soccer Camp
- Kiskiack Junior Golf Academy
- Athlete's Global Basketball Skills Camp
- Multi-Sport Camp
- Athlete's Global Elite Sports Performance Camp
- Rugby Camp
- Athlete's Global Practical Self-Defense Camp
- All Star Football Clinic (includes high school)
- Tennis Camp
- Wacky Sports Camp
- Combo Camp: Multi Sport & Sports Performance
Spring Adult Coed Soccer - March 3
Sunday evening league for adults at the Warhill Sports Complex. Each team plays an 8-week regular season and the season culminates in a championship playoff match. Register under a captain’s household. Teams must verbally commit by February 15, 2019 by contacting Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-259-5355. (Women ages 18+ and men ages 30+)
Spring Adult Dodgeball - May 21
Grab some friends, sweatbands and your best dodging, diving and ducking moves. Teams will play a best of five game set each night to determine a winner for that week of play. Game schedule based on the number of teams who commit to email@example.com by May 14. Teams will play against opposing teams once in the regular season and then a playoff tournament will determine the overall league champion.