113 Tewning Rd.
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Hours of Operation
7:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Brookhaven Subdivision Drainage Improvements and Stormwater Retrofit
January 3, 2014
Scope of Work
This project consists of the correction of drainage problems that result in flooding of property and structures in an older residential subdivision. The project includes drainage improvements and stormwater management facilities to treat runoff before discharge into receiving streams.
Status of Project
A drainage study has been completed of the neighborhood. A preliminary design of the corrective work based on the study has been completed. A neighborhood meeting was held with residents and they indicated approval of the concept and continuing with the design process
Original project design contract cost - $69,523
Design change orders approved to date - $0
Current balance - $55,606
for larger views.
- Drainage study completed for neighborhood
- Preliminary design plans submitted for review to county staff
- Neighborhood meeting to present preliminary design
- Proceed with final design based on input from the neighborhood
- Acquire easements from affected property owners
- Permission has not been granted from an adjacent property owner to Brookhaven to allow construction of a stormwater management facility. Therefore, additional water quality benefits for the project will be explored within the Brookhaven subdivision.