Real Estate Assessments Division
The establishment of the Real Estate Assessments Division (Division) was enabled in 1974 by the Virginia Code with the passage of Section 58.1-3274. Real Estate Assessments is one of four divisions of the Department of Financial Management and Services. The Division, including the GIS/Mapping Section, is located at the JCC Government Center, Building F.
The functions and responsibilities of the Division include:
- Producing biennial assessment of JCC real estate - including the departmental review of assessment process (appeal process)
- Providing property information to the public and JCC staff - including an internet website, informational reports and GIS (Geographic Information System) - produced maps
- Administering real property tax exemptions
- Providing administrative support to the JCC Board of Equalization
- Creating the JCC Land Book annually