Neighborhood Rebates & Mini-Grants
Maintain Quality of Life
Citizens are the key to healthy waterways and a healthy environment. Small actions, done consistently, help everyone maintain the County's high quality of life. Simply picking up after pets, disposing of oils and grease safely, and planting more plants makes a difference in how our neighborhoods look and how we experience our environment.
To help citizens participate and contribute on a larger scale, either individually or as a group of neighbors, the County offers a variety of rebates, mini-grants, and give-aways that promote activities to improve our community. Funding is limited so apply early.
Rebates & Mini-Grants
Clean County Commission Good Neighbor Environment Grants
- due by September 1 of each year
- Up to $500 per neighborhood to accomplish a sustainable landscape or beautification project and promote community spirit
- For more information, call 757-259-5375.
Clean Water Heritage Stormwater Maintenance and Repair Grant Program
- Read all Application Instructions (PDF) before submitting application
- due by Oct. 14, 2016
- Up to $50,000 for owners of neighborhood drainage facilities to complete repairs
- Up to $7,500 for BMP owners, neighborhoods and community groups to complete enhancements for BMPs
- Please visit the Resources page for additional information regarding how to complete the required forms.
- For more information, send an email or call 757-259-1443.
Turf Love - Garden Love Rain Garden Rebates
- Applications due by May 1 of each year
- Up to $5 per square foot for a maximum of $600 per tax year
- For more information, call 757-564-2170 or email the office.